Flexible Credits & Usage-Based Billing Updates

Yeah I meant like regular credits.

1 Like

@boston2029 :person_shrugging:, it’s weird that they’d name different things the same thing, unless these Flexible Credits are how the Credits/Cycles they have talked about will be the same thing and Core just gets them for free every month.

3 Likes

You get $8 in credits. A reserved VM for the entire month costs $6.40.

2 Likes

$8 in credits is a lot easier for people to understand than “6 million compute units + 2.5 million requests”.

4 Likes

Sorry, my math was wrong.

Let me get this straight — say, I pay for one Reserved VM, minimum stats. Then I have $1.60 dollars, which is just over a million autoscale credits — does that mean I can only use 1 million autoscale credits before I start paying out of pocket?

4 Likes

You can use that $1.60 on whatever you want - including autoscale deployments. But you could use it on any of our services.

3 Likes

Okay… still makes me hesitant to pay for a Reserved VM with my credits, but hey — money is money lol

3 Likes

If you are nervous about overspending, you can configure a spending limit on the /usage page.

2 Likes

You can’t put a limit less than $10, though.

6 Likes

it’s not the overspending that worries me — it’s that I already spend $220 a year for Replit Core and I still have to pay more.

6 Likes

I’m replit core user. I have 8 credits if i want to used RVM 25$ plan then how much i will pay extra?

2 Likes

@rajareplit Well, you have $8 monthly credits to use, and you want to spend $25 on a RVM, so you will have to pay $17 dollars extra.

3 Likes

And other autoscale deployment compute units are in replit core plan of 20$?

2 Likes

No. These 8$ of “flexible credits” have now completely eradicated the core quota. If you pay for a $25 RVM, you will end up paying only $17, but you will still have to pay out of pocket for your autoscale usage.

All in all, the credits cover all types of deployments and are basically a free $8 (or really just $8 off your core plan, in a way).

2 Likes

You only have to pay for resources that exceed your plan allotment.

3 Likes

8$ of “flexible credits” have now completely eradicated the core quota

I’m not sure what you’re talking about. This change gives users a lot more flexibility. You used to only be able to use autoscale in Core. Now you can use the $ on whatever you want.

3 Likes

Sorry, that was confusing. I meant that there is no more autoscale quota that come with the core plan, except for the 8$ in flexible credits.

3 Likes

Right. It was replaced with $8 in credits. So now your plan is more flexible than it has ever been.

5 Likes

@soren We’re unable to pay usage-based invoice of just $4, all our cards are being declined. Due to this, All of our 10-12 Deployed Repls(static, Autoscale) have been taken off causing us major blows. On the Deployment section of any Repl, we’re seeing this notice:
“Your account currently has restrictions on deploying. We’re here to help! Please reach out to our support team for assistance.”
Support Team is not responding to this urgent issue, it’s been 20 hours. Can you please help with this, this is so urgent?

Welcome to Ask @icecube1513!

Try toggling your explorer switch in the roles section of your account page. If that does not work, try changing your server’s location.

1 Like