Flexible Credits & Usage-Based Billing Updates

We’re excited to introduce a new benefit to the Replit Core plan called flexible credits.

Starting today, if you are a Replit Core member, you have access to $8 in flexible credits per month that you can use on any of our cloud services, such as Autoscale Deployments, Reserved VM Deployments, Outbound Data Transfer, and Postgres.

These credits cover the cost of a base tier Reserved VM Deployment for an entire month, so you get more flexibility and value from your Replit experience.

Read more on the blogpost!

14 Likes

Do the credits roll over month to month?

8 Likes

$8 per month. They don’t roll over.

7 Likes

I assume you still need to connect a Payment Method to use these Flexible Credits, correct?

5 Likes

You need to purchase Replit Core in order to have access, so yes.

4 Likes

I have it for free through Jr Moderator and was wondering because I can’t deploy with it because I haven’t connected a Payment Method.

4 Likes

Can you DM me? You’re a special case.

4 Likes

Yeee, now I can finally justify buying core

9 Likes

It seems obvious but i think it’s better to have a real answer on that, for everyone :

Does the $8 credits replace completely the 6,000,000 free cpu cycles we had for Autoscale deployment ?

That would mean that instead of having 6*$1.25=$7.50 free compute cycles + 2.5*$0.40=$1 free requests on Autoscale, we now have $8 that can be used for any type of usage ?

That’s very nice for people that can now have a free Reserved VM with their Core subscription but if we used Autoscale deployments, it’s not a gift at all because we have a bit less credits than before :slight_smile:

I don’t really care about the $2 more but imagine if you had proposed $10 credits instead of $8 you would have been able to say that Autoscale lovers would be able to use MORE credits than before and that Reserved VM lovers would have been able to have a nice VM + the ability to test Autoscale with $2 more. Maybe that would have sounded better than just saying there is a new benefit while removing another feature :frowning:

6 Likes

$8 is worth more than 6 million compute units + 2.5m requests. There’s no gotcha here.

3 Likes

Could you lower the usage limit minimum to $8 then, as its currently $10. I feel this would end up being really inconvenient for people who dont want to spend extra, but wish to use the credits.

5 Likes

Can you please explain ?
Autoscale compute cycles are $1.25 / 1 million
Autoscale requests are $0.40 / 1 million

If i use 6 millions cycles and 1 million requests, i will use $7.90 of my credits.

I understand it is better because we can use $8 on any other usage but as someone who used more than 6 millions compute cycles, it is not better to have $8 than old version. Do you agree ?

And do you confirm the 6 million free compute cycle is gone ?
Thanks

5 Likes

My calculation is not good about the Reserved VM as it is $6.40 for one month.

With $8, people can have a Reserved VM for $6.40 and have some small low usage Autoscale deployment. That may be ok.

At least even if I lose something with that new feature, I hope it will please all the people complaining about the change that had killed all their bots :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It ends up being cheaper for most users because the allotment for autoscale was only $7.5 (compute units). And now you get $8.

Users were exceeding the compute unit allotment. Very few were exceeding requests allotment.

4 Likes

where can I check the credits? I have 170 cycles and I would like to use the credits for deployment, will I use the credits in automatic when I finish the cycles?
Thank you

2 Likes

You can see the credits on the /usage page by hovering over your monthly cost.

3 Likes

Can you use credits on anything if you don’t have Core? (I think I still have a payment method hooked up)

3 Likes

Still — so we aren’t really getting a free VM? If I use over 2 million credits autoscale of my credits, then the VM won’t be free anymore?

4 Likes

@boston2029

It says here it can be used by Core plan users, I think these Credits are basically just another version of Compute Units that can be used by all deployments.

3 Likes