Fix where its only 1 run on project

someone cauld just keep on running the same project over and over again and farm views

Runs are not the same as views, technically. While this is possible, I don’t think this is a major issue or one that Replit is going to tackle in the foreseeable future. There have been slightly more major issues along the same lines, where users have used multiple alt accounts to like/heart their Repls and unfairly got them on the community page. Farming views is probably not going to have that big of an effect.

1 Like

Runs stop when it hits 10, a user can not get it past that.
Views, Im not sure how to track, can be farmed.

1 Like

A long time ago, I found I could get around 40, then refresh the page and repeat, but ultimately it does not matter as runs are not an important statistic. Now it does seem to be 10 and it probably works similarly to ratelimitting so once your over there would be a cooldown time that you would have to wait for before being able to do it again.

1 Like

So, obviously it happens with alt accounts, but I don’t see it as a big deal. Primarily because its rare and there are (as mentioned) some basic safeguards in place. Even larger than having safeguards, though, is that who really thinks being a big deal in the community tab for a little while is really a “big deal?” I mean really, do you think a GTA themed python text game is really going to make you a massive hit in the programming industry? I highly doubt it. Fun to play though, but not something that some triple A studio is going to headhunt you for lol

With this being said, it’s not all that common as a result. The safeguards make it more of a headache than you get out of it.

1 Like