Feedback on new Replit UI

Oh I thought we were talking about on the cover page not in the workspace.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought you got confused with comments. But @dragonhunter1 was talking about the chat.

In my opinion, (which probably doesn’t mean much as I am new) if they did have a fullscreen mode for comments then it would be okay- that won’t change the fact that it looks terrible weird.

1 Like

I feel like it makes the page feels more claustrophobic compared to what is was before. Before the page was nice and open, and you can scroll down to see comments. Maybe this is just me not being used to it yet, but the new UI takes of the entire screen and it feels like everything is too close together.

4 Likes

Is there a reason that they made the UI like this? I’m assuming they have to (sorry if I just completely ignored where this was said)

To my knowledge, nobody requires you to completely change your UI for no reason. This is apparently what they think might be better. The hope in this topic is to show opposition to the new UI while it’s Explorer rather than trying to reverse it once it’s out of beta.

I just found out that I can no longer use my own template!

Why? That sounds strange.

They updated it today, you can now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

For me it’s the uncomfortably large output and small desc. The only way I could see this being useful is for large CSS sizes but even then you can just copy paste the link :confused:

2 Likes

where is the fullscreen button?

sorry, I ment the new UI.

It’s been a while that I’ve had this now and I still haven’t gotten used to it, I’m not sure if I like it any better…

1 Like

Well, that’s gone now. :cry:

Yeah, it seems odd that replit would remove a feature thet some repls use (I mean that some repls are designed to use fullscreen)

2 Likes

Despite our protests, the Replit team has ignored us and made the new UI official as of this morning. Just refresh your page to see the new horrors. Luckily a hardworking team led by PikachuB2005 and bigminiboss is working on a Replit remake which will address these issues.

2 Likes

Please vote on the feature request now as now we have to undo this.

2 Likes

ummmmm. the repllit UI hasen’t changed for me

Yeah a handful of people got lucky.