Feedback on new Replit UI

I don’t really like it to be honest. It makes viewing comments more annoying, and that’s one of my favorite things about the site. I’m not exactly sure why they want to change it, but if they’re going to mess with comments at least show the selected one at the top instead of scrolling, it’s annoying when you need to hit load more a hundred times to see an older comment.

8 Likes

My honest opinion is, it looks cool, but also doesn’t feel quite right. But I think as time passes, it’ll improve and we’ll get more used to it and accept it. Sometimes the users don’t know what they really want, and maybe after a few weeks, we’ll all absolutely love it and wonder why we ever had anything against it. (Just my two cents)

Actually, I have noticed this new UI is missing something, the fork count… is that a bug/something the team missed? Or is it intentional?
cc: @ShaneAtReplit @IroncladDev

It should have it…

1 Like

Ahh, it’s only on your own Repls you can’t see the fork count then.

2 Likes

Yeah it sucks. They squished everything in and now comments are not very recognizable.

1 Like

It makes it harder to see and very small (1/5?) of the screen in which you have to scroll, opposed to the 1/2 vertical.

2 Likes

When using Pikabot I always have the chat on full screen.

1 Like

Also makes it hard to locate very useful things, like the fork button. It just hurts my eyes because I’m not used to the output being so dang thick.

2 Likes

Is that on Explorer mode? I never heard of fullscreening just the chat.

1 Like

It’s possible on everything. You can fullscreen every type of window the normal way.

1 Like

Oh you mean with F11?

No, he means like this:

Oh I thought we were talking about on the cover page not in the workspace.

1 Like

Yeah, I thought you got confused with comments. But @dragonhunter1 was talking about the chat.

In my opinion, (which probably doesn’t mean much as I am new) if they did have a fullscreen mode for comments then it would be okay- that won’t change the fact that it looks terrible weird.

1 Like

I feel like it makes the page feels more claustrophobic compared to what is was before. Before the page was nice and open, and you can scroll down to see comments. Maybe this is just me not being used to it yet, but the new UI takes of the entire screen and it feels like everything is too close together.

4 Likes

Is there a reason that they made the UI like this? I’m assuming they have to (sorry if I just completely ignored where this was said)

To my knowledge, nobody requires you to completely change your UI for no reason. This is apparently what they think might be better. The hope in this topic is to show opposition to the new UI while it’s Explorer rather than trying to reverse it once it’s out of beta.

I just found out that I can no longer use my own template!