Feature Request: Dictatorial Control over Autocompletion (specifically for Teams for Education)

Describe your feature request

I would like the ability to turn off autocompletion for my students in Teams for Education

What problem(s) would this feature solve?

I believe that for some fundamental methods, it is important for students to actually know the names, not just be able to recognize them from a list. The act of memorization I believe helps facilitate learning, in some cases (e.g., Strings, ArrayLists in Java)

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request

I was looking in Settings, and found the switch for toggling autocompletion, but didn’t see anything that would allow the instructor to just make that setting go away for their students.

2 Likes

tell them all to turn off autocompletion

But they can re enable it when the teacher is not looking so its to a great solution

1 Like

That’s like asking someone at Pizza Ranch not to go back for seconds … they might know, in theory, that forgoing the ice cream bar would be good for them, but they’ll be back in line just the same.