Favorite GUI (Graphic User Interface) Languages?

What are you guys’s favorite programming language for GUIs, and why?:

• HTML-CSS-JS
    This language is often used across the web and therefore supported by pretty much every device in the world. It also works well with HTTP.
  • Python (Flask, Django, Tkinter, etc.)
    Python is great for doing AI, data science, and weather-related projects. However, GUI resources can be limited depending on what package or module you are using. Python also has PyScript and Brython, allowing it to work with HTML, and greater simplicity as it is one of the most high-level languages out there.
  • Swift/SwiftUI
    My personal favorite. It’s high level, a superset of Swift, has many GUI features, and supports the App Store. It also only requires one import and one main structure to work properly, with more structures for windows, pages, and tabs.
  • Scratch
    Though it is block-based instead of text-based, it can be compiled into HTML, Python, JavaScript, and many more. It requires almost no learning experience and can create complex apps.
  • HTML-CSS-PY (PyScript/Brython)
    As mentioned earlier (see “Python” from earlier), you can use Python with HTML. This can replace JavaScript, and since HTML and CSS are easy to learn, as well as Python, this language is simple. The only issue is that it’s not an official language so you need to either install PyScript or Brython.
  • Other
    There’s many other GUI-based languages out there and I’ve probably barely scratched the surface. Please comment if you choose this option.
  • HTML-CSS-JS
  • Python (Flask, Django, Tkinter, etc.)
  • SwiftUI
  • Scratch
  • HTML-CSS-PY (PyScript/Brython)
  • Other (please add comment)
0 voters
1 Like

Btw some people consider SwiftUI to be just another version of Swift but for the App Store (if that confuses you as a Swift developer).

I’ve done console apps basically 90% of my coding journey so far.
Then I used Streamlit cause 'tis super simple cause it makes the web almost as easy to make interactable as consoles. But then I wanted to customize more stuff and streamlit just can’t make it happen, so I began using Flask.
I’m actually making a chatting app in Flask right now (in VS Code), and honestly, I love it so far.
I haven’t tried Django yet, but I’m curious about it, so maybe some time in the future I’ll try it out.

I have a book with a example project with Django. I barely understood it :upside_down_face:. It seems quite complicated, and the projects can have a larger file size.

Scratch is a good editor. I think TurboWarp is even better (It allows you to have WAY more functions.) However, I think When talking about programming, Scratch is VERY different than the other things. You cannot create websites with Scratch, and it is significantly easier to do stuff there than it is to use HTML or JavaScript. Scratch is a great first step, but if you want something that can get you a job, Scratch wouldn’t be helpful.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve noticed that too. But I guess it depends on what kind of person you are and the project itself. I personally don’t see a need now to learn Django, but you never know, and, of course,

1 Like

As Randall Munroe, author of What If and XKCD said about that picture…

“The more you know… What? What happens the more you know?”

1 Like

I love CSS. However, it is hard, in my opinion, to get all the correct sizes, positioning, screen compatibility, etc.

Might make my own little CSS library for ease of use purposes.

2 Likes

I have done this many times in the past and it always comes in handy for me

1 Like