Expand Storage of a Repl

It seems like the feature will accompany per-account or per-repl (at least one of the two) limits, and no information is available about pricing as far as I am aware.

1 Like

Hey again folks, any clues when this will be available to the wider public? Unfortunately it blocks me from fully compiling my rust project and it’s pretty frustrating to be blocked by disk space

1 Like

Gentle ping
Announcement has been weeks ago and some people are already enjoying this afaik but no public info how to get into the beta or when we can expect public availability, at least approximately

4 Likes

I just bought the Team Plan and a personal Pro plan on top of that for ghostwriter - however I now find out theres no way my node.js project with all of its npm modules will run on a 1gb replit. It has plenty of CPU and Memory even without being boosted - the 1gig source code limit is preventing me from using it to build any project I need to. For instance chatbot-ui is the only module i was able to get to fully run and it only runs for a few minutes, you start editing anything it quickly runs out of storage. Other projects were too large to even install and build.

Replit seems cool and I hate to do this but I will be canceling my subscriptions and going elsewhere since I cannot run any of my projects within a 1gig storage limit. It looks like CodeSandbox provides more storage even on their free plan.

There is also no simple way to contact someone to get support on such a feature. I understand there is some kind of beta going on - i joined the explorer program but it made no difference. Would be nice to be able to chat someone and get a quick answer.

3 Likes

Pinging in hopes to get at least some information about this. It’s been quite a while since the announcement but complete silence after that

1 Like

Ehm… crickets duh… crickets so… crickets yeah?

I believe infinity drive will be out to explorers very soon:

1 Like

What is infinity drive anyway? Having infinite storage when there’s a hard limit? I don’t understand.

3 Likes

Idk why it’s called that. Maybe cause you can buy as much storage as you want so kinda infinity

3 Likes

That seems confusing. I wish Replit let existing users opt-out of their betas if they want (maybe an option to enable or disable specific user flags like GitHub has, rather than an all-in-one Explorer role would be nice).

3 Likes

I turned off explorer and that took me out of the storage beta.

3 Likes

Turning off explorer keeps you from using useful betas, though. (Check my edited post)

3 Likes

Looks like the rollout has been finally announced

Anyone lucky enough to get it already? Where should I look for it?

1 Like

I believe you have to have Explorer on if it isn’t already shipped out for normal Replit users.

I wouldn’t really call it lucky though.

2 Likes