Error installing dependencies

Right, I tried to create it but I would have to release all my code from what I understand.

Easier with prints,

1st where my Flask is running:

2nd deployment configuration

3rd Application running

4th Error message

There’s a lot of errors so there may have been some configuration corruption maybe.
I would recommend trying to move all of your code to a new, non-fork repl. Downloading the repl’s zip is an easy way to move the code. (Do not copy the configuration.) Then, only use poetry add <<package>> and poetry remove <<package>> for your python dependencies (alternatively, use the Packages tab).

If you do not want to move your code, do this:
Fork your repl and try these changes on the fork first to ensure that it works without problems.
Delete the entire .pythonlibs folder. Then, delete the entire replit.nix file. Reload.
Check that the dependencies listed in pyproject.toml look all good, they will be installed.
Now, run poetry install in the shell. For good measure, then run poetry update in the shell.
If everything goes well, you can apply these changes to your original repl.

I’m trying to do this, but I’m running into a problem: I delete everything but every time I try to install the dependency again it keeps loading for hours and I don’t know where it is. If I restart the page it goes back to the beginning.

A behavior that doesn’t make sense is that sometimes the poetry add <> command arrives at the end but in the project.toml file it doesn’t add the dependency.

I tried to create a new replit, but I have the same problem, it doesn’t install any dependencies. And it’s extremely slow, I’ve had this problem for 2 days and I can’t solve it.

That is very strange.
Could you provide a bit more information:

1. All of the contents of the .replit file
  2. The packages you are trying to install
  3. If there is, any interesting messages or output given by poetry

Also, while you are installing your dependencies, check your resources to make sure they are not being maxed out.
Another tip, to do a hard restart of your repl, run kill 1 in the shell.

1 Like

After hours, the application ran and deployed, but I went to update the code and the system is slow again! I don’t know if it’s a problem with my code or the platform

Hi @LucasAdriSilva!
Can you enter poetry lock in the Shell and see if that helps?

This is the part that takes the longest in the application, updating dependencies

Poetry resolving dependencies always takes a long time, maybe around a minute for a decent amount of packges.
It looks like there are dependencies in nix again. This might be because replit is auto-installing them for your python dependencies.
Could you provide your pyproject.toml file and replit.nix file?

2 Likes

Just for the sake of knowledge, so far it hasn’t been:

pyproject.toml:

Was the packages already commented out or did you do that?

I see.
Let me see if I can get that set of packages to work on my own repl.
Note that some python packages require some system dependencies, and so replit will auto install system dependencies when you install a python package.
Auto-installing system dependencies is a relatively new feature, so it might have problems.

I commented, to test.

I understand, so this delay is due to these dependencies? Before I ran my application in 10 seconds. Now it’s going to 900 seconds

Can you try uncommmeting all the packages and see if they help?

That small number of packages should not take that long. I am currently investigating.
Which template you used to create the repl?

1 Like

I’ll test it, I’ll uncomment everything and I’ll set the poetry lock

1 Like

I am using python template, with Flask framework

Is gardenlinux a package you want to install?

Every time I opened the run button it showed poetry add gardenlinux, but I don’t know for what purpose