Error after upgrading pip

Whenever I put in the shell “pip install --upgrade pip” it installs without flaws. But now whenever I type “pip install package-name” it gives me the error: An error occurred during configuration: option use-feature: invalid choice: ‘content-addressable-pool’ (choose from ‘fast-deps’, ‘truststore’, ‘no-binary-enable-wheel-cache’). Has anybody else encountered this error and if so how do I fix it?

You shouldn’t be using pip in a repl, you should be using Replit’s packager tool

Hello @MorganBarber2

This error message is indicating that there is an issue with the pip configuration file on your system. The “use-feature” option is set to “content-addressable-pool”, which is not a valid choice. The valid choices are “fast-deps”, “truststore”, and “no-binary-enable-wheel-cache”.

To fix this issue, you will need to edit the pip configuration file and change the “use-feature” option to a valid choice. The location of the pip configuration file will vary depending on your operating system, but it is typically located in the user’s home directory.

Once you have located the pip configuration file, open it in a text editor and search for the “use-feature” option. Change the value to one of the valid choices (“fast-deps”, “truststore”, or “no-binary-enable-wheel-cache”).

Alternatively you can try running the command

pip install --no-use-feature=content-addressable-pool package-name

This will ignore the invalid configuration and install the package.

hope it helps! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Im trying to use --no-cache-dir so the replit doesnt run out of memory. Is there any way I can do that inside of the packager tool?

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.