ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL on new deployment with linked domain

Bug description:
When running my app after deploying and linking a custom domain to it I receive the following error: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Expected vs Current Behavior:
Expected: App runs without SSL issues
Current: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

Steps to reproduce:
Run backend repl @dev144/GlobeQuiz-Backend
Deploy frontend app using correct env variables @dev144/Globe-Quiz-Frontend
Link domains and use correct A and TXT records on namecheap
Load the site for the deployed app at custom domain globequiz.org

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@dev144

Additional Details
Project is programmed using sveltekit and deployed with node-adapter

Deploy command: cd skeleton-app && PORT=80 node -r dotenv/config build

Svelte.config.js:

// export default config;
import adapter from '@sveltejs/adapter-node';
import preprocess from 'svelte-preprocess';

/** @type {import('@sveltejs/kit').Config} */
const config = {
  // Consult https://github.com/sveltejs/svelte-preprocess
  // for more information about preprocessors
  preprocess: [
    preprocess({
      postcss: true
    })
  ],
  kit: {
    adapter: adapter(),
    csrf: {
      checkOrigin: false,
    }
  }
};

export default config;
2 Likes

Interested to see how this can be fixed!

@NateBrune, your DNS records are set up correctly but you have not actually configured your deployment to have a custom domain. You need to go to the Deployments pane, hit Settings, and then hit “Link a Domain” in order to configure your deployment to use that domain.

1 Like

@AD130, are you commenting about the same Repl or a different Repl?

1 Like

When I click “link a domain” I get all the configuration settings and then click the link domain button but essentially nothing happens, the box goes away. I have tried numerous times what am I doing wrong?

1 Like

@lincoln-replit I am commenting about this Repl.

Ok, I see what you’re talking about – looks like a bug on our end, I will look into it.

1 Like

I’ve shared the bug report with the team. The issue is that this Repl belongs to a Team rather than an individual. There appears to be a bug at the moment where deployments from Team Repls are not able to link custom domains.

If you need a workaround while we work on the fix, you can fork the Repl into an individual user account (for example, fork it into the NateBrune account rather than the dev144 account) and deploy and link the custom domain there.

3 Likes

Any updates on this? I was hoping it would be a quick fix but I guess we should just deploy on individual like u said.

Hi @NateBrune, I think this is likely to take longer as we are rethinking the teams deployment flow entirely. Expect something new from us in a couple months – I don’t think there is a quick fix available at the moment.

1 Like