We have resolved the incident that has caused the issue. Thus, I was not able to reproduce the SSL issue with the sites you mentioned. Please let me know if you’re still having issues and I would be happy to take another look!
I’m seeing this issue again today for more of my students. Is there an estimated time when this will be solved? If not, if I have my students change the . to --, will those URLs always be good indefinitely?
I started getting this after changing my username on May 4th. I can access any Repl under http://, but that’s not really practical. I see the following behavior:
For Repls I made before the rename, <repl-name>.<old-username>.repl.co work, and direct to the latest version of the Repl. <repl-name>.<new-username>.repl.co shows ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR (or NSURLErrorSecureConnectionFailed on iOS).
For Repls I made after the rename, <repl-name>.<new-username>.repl.co shows ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR as well. However, <repl-name>.<old-username>.repl.co shows “Run this Repl to see the results here.”
I’m guessing the certificate hasn’t been reassigned to my updated username yet.
I have a lot of students that I teach coding to (100+), and for some usernames, their sites work fine, but for others, they get the SSL error. It seems random which ones work, and which don’t. The SSL error is making it very hard for students to show their sites to their parents.
I have a student showcase with approximately 4,000 Replit projects that have been uploaded over the years. I just wrote a script to see how many of those projects have the SSL error, and it came out to 514, which is about 13% of Repls. I then had my script change the dot to two dashes for each of those 514 projects, and then check if that URL worked, and it worked for all 514 projects. So using two dashes instead of a dot seems to be a reliable fix.