Email verification for students

Hi, students in my school have Google classroom accounts. For safeguarding reasons, they have no access to email.

Some students are not able to submit projects for the Replit Team because Replit is asking for email verification, which they can’t provide.

Is there any workaround which permits the students to submit their project without verifying their email?

@DalstonHal I’ve not seen the need to verify an email before submitting a project. I’m assuming you’re using Teams for Education? My school creates Google accounts for our students as well. Even though my students have access to their email, I went a different route to have them join my Replit Edu Team. This didn’t require any email verification.

• Students signed up for a Replit Account using “Continue with Google”.

• They were immediately logged in, no need to verify email address.

• I then went into the appropriate Team and put each individual email address in the “Invite” field and invited them one at a time. I know this isn’t the quickest way, but I only have 16 students in one class and 12 in another. I didn’t “Generate an invite link”, “Upload CSV”, or “Invite via Google Classroom”.

• Since the students were already logged in, they got the notification in their Replit Notifications list for the invite. They were able to click that notification and immediately joined the Team.

Like I mentioned earlier, I’ve not seen where a student needs to verify an email address before submitting a project. Maybe you added your students in a different manner than I did?

1 Like

I got my students to join the Replit Team by posting an invitation link to Google Classrooms. For some students, they are not permitted to submit a project because their email hasn’t been verified. Most students joined using their Google id.

1 Like

I have a similar problem: my students joined Replit without email address just with their user name and password. They can’t submit anything as it requires them to verify their emails, but there is no email address attached to their accounts. It would be very helpful if this problem has some solution as it’s hard using it in the class without possibility to submit. I can see their work Repls but I am not sure if their work is submitted or not.

1 Like

Hi @DalstonHal, thanks for your report and sorry for the very delayed response – I just saw this after the new activity below. Are you able to DM me your team name so I can take a look at the affected students?

1 Like

Never mind, I’ve been able to pinpoint the issue. Existing users should be fixed shortly, and I should have a fix out for new users in the next 30-60m.

2 Likes

This issue should be fixed for new and existing students. Please respond here if you continue to experience issues with students being prompted to verify their emails.

1 Like

Thanks a lot! It works now!

2 Likes