Editing replit DB

Is there any way for the owner of a repl to modify individual users’ databases in someway? e.g. if there is an “inventory” list in the database, is there a way for me to modify it for a giveaway system?

1 Like

While yes, this is possible, remember that the DB is “user-locked” (per fork/cover page/etc.), and as such, unless you use a cross-repl DB, you will not (easily) be able to modify the user’s inventory.

1 Like

Just use a centralised DB.

1 Like

How is your db setup?

https://replit.com/@AquiIo/Iloraea if you want to look at the code it’s somewhere in there, (savedata and loaddata functions), but just like 27 or so lists and variables assigned to individual database values, with the option to load data when first running the program and save data whenever.

1 Like

From, the way you’re running your database, it is per-user, which means it would be a pain (but technically possible) to edit other player’s data manually. I would recommend implementing a keyword in your code somewhere that, when entered, gives the user the rewards you would like them to have. Of course this solution is not perfect, but I believe it might be the best option considering your current database setup.

What’s the line number? It’s quite long and a tad difficult to navigate. Or you could send a snippet of the 2 functions

1 Like