Eaglercraft of @ayunami2000

Hey @FooxFromEaglercraft welcome to the forums!

There was a reson to take it down. Mojand sent Replti DMCA requests to take it down. And if Replit does not listen they can be sued

5 Likes

this is dum… that was the only way i could play minecraft on a school cromebook :sob:

well i have a fairly large community of minecraft enjoyers who are relying on me to get my server back up, is there a resource that you can direct me to that could get my server back up and running? we relied upon eaglercraft because we use our school-provided chromebooks and they cannot run the linux distros of minecraft. (not bypassing school rules, rather complying with them)

yeah there’s nothing we can do but to help you break the news to your friends

How’s That? There are a lot of Minecraft Launchers that are pirated, yet Mojang ignores them. And may I please have proof?

4 Likes

I’m still confused on why the DMCA was filed in the first place.
I realize that there was a glitch or something with a user on the replit server but still, has anyone checked the Gitlab EaglercraftX page in a while?

This is straight from lax1dude:

ATTENTION MOJANG/MICROSOFT EMPLOYEE ASSIGNED TO STALK ME:

THIS REPOSITORY DOES NOT CONTAIN YOUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY

FILING A FALSE DMCA IS ILLEGAL AND IMMORAL

This repository contains:

Utilities to decompile Minecraft 1.8 and apply patch files to it
Source code to provide the LWJGL keyboard, mouse, and OpenGL APIs in a browser
Source code for an OpenGL 1.3 emulator built on top of WebGL 2.0
Patch files to mod the Minecraft 1.8 source code to make it browser compatible
Browser-modified portions of Minecraft 1.8’s open-source dependencies
Plugins for Minecraft servers to allow the eagler client to connect to them

This repository does NOT contain:

Any portion of the decompiled Minecraft 1.8 source code or resources
Any portion of Mod Coder Pack and it’s config files
Data that can be used alone to reconstruct portions of the game’s source code
Code configured by default to allow users to play without owning a copy of Minecraft

1 Like

I don’t think they do. But there are so many its hard to get them all.

3 Likes

if this is true then either eaglercraftX is its own project or should require mojang accounts to access, correct?

I´m assuming that that screenshot is from Discord. But did they send an email? Because obviously, I don´t really know what caused this entire mess in the first place

That is from discord. That was Replit staff telling us mods about it. Thats why some parts are blacked out since that part is sensitive. And there was no email

Mojang won’t talk to the wall and get individuals to stop using launchers. They know that launchers exist, and will get whatever promotes / serves them taken down, which does prevent many people from using them, or get them :dollar: from suing a website for allowing them.

3 Likes

so if we as a community can definitvely prove that eaglercraft is not a “rip of minecraft/launcher for a pirated version” then replit will unblock this project?

2 Likes

I understand why it was censored. But my question: If there was no email, then how do they know? Because usually, Microsoft sends an email. And without an email, how can the Staff of Replit know that Microsoft wants them to shut the reply down?

I guess but I don’t think it will work.

I thought you meant an email to users about this. As for an email from Microsoft to Replit I do not know since I am not Replit staff but a community moderator

I already gave direct proof from the GitHub eaglercraftx page but yeah

is there a way for us to get the “staff” onto here?

Replit staff activly watch almost all topics and all active topics like this one.

1 Like

well in that case can a member of staff who has the email from mojang please post it

that would be probably bc its a windows 10 s mode

There are several emails from different reporters on behalf of Mojang. I’m not going to post a complete email for privacy reasons, but they are in this general format, which is standard for DMCA notices:

I am the representative of Mojang AB/Minecraft owned by Microsoft Corp.
The following urls point to content that has not been approved for redistribution from Mojang AB. Please remove the links, and any content that might be hosted on your services.

Followed by the enforcement agent’s details and a link to the original copyright works on the Minecraft website. Then:

I have good faith belief that the use of the content in the manner complained of is not authorized by Mojang AB.
The information in this notification is accurate and under penalty of perjury the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of Mojang AB.

There’s nothing that we can legally do after we receive a notice in this format; we have to take the content down. The person whose content is removed can issue a counter-notice to get it reinstated, but if they do that, Mojang can choose to sue them (not Replit!) directly to get it removed again.

Personally I’m very sorry for the inconvenience to all the Minecraft fans out there and I wish there was some other option that we could offer you!

4 Likes