Eaglercraft announcement

Due to the recent block of Minecraft rip “Eaglercraft”, moderation will be forced to take down any posts advertising or promoting it.
To anyone who is doing this or considering doing this

STOP IT, THAT’S A BIG NO

Further promotion of Eaglercraft can get you suspened or BANNED. Replit can and probably will get sued if any more Eahlercraft content gets put out.

That’s really it, please make sure to stay off of Eaglercraft here!

12 Likes

Never even heard of it till it showed in my feed that @bigminiboss commented on some minecraft thing and I was all like, “Bro is this legal?”

6 Likes

Then it got taken down :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

I found an Eaglecraft Repl once that when you ran it you had to check a box saying “I am aware that this project violates the Mojang Terms of Service.” I asked about it. I don’t remember if I got a response but if I did it was not a satisfactory one.

3 Likes

thanks for putting this out there :smiley:

4 Likes

No problem lol. Just annoying when people post stuff that could get us sued :confused:

4 Likes

also people don’t seem to understand that, even though the github/gitlab said it was not against tos, that did not refer to the compiled client files, which do violate mojang/minecraft tos and are at risk of DMCA. so if you are like “bb-b–b-b-b-but it said does not contain mojang source code!!!” well you’re pretty dumb to not realize the compiled client contains minecraft in it. the gitlab however had no reason to be DMCA’d and i’m pretty upset about that because it was perfectly ok to keep up…

5 Likes

wait, i have a question, what if “I” use eaglercraft as a base for a all new minecraft “ripoff” type of game? like take minicraft for example, they used minecraft as a base and added stuff like emerald and ruby tools, so is it okay for a new game, which uses eaglercraft as a base, instead of the actual game?

Hi @ErelEmmanuel6370 , the simple answer is no. You would be breaking Microsoft’s copyright.

6 Likes

why is eaglecraft blocked for me?

I just joined and I have no idea what is happening here

everyone is just talking something about eaglecraft and I have no idea why

Hi @dirievik000.

The version of eaglercraft that includes a client is directly against the DMCA Mojang/Microsoft issued, so if you’re trying to use that, then we cannot help you.

1 Like

what? I don get it im only a middle school kid

oh know i get it. ok so why is eagecraft blocked for me?

so can you unblock eaglecraft for me?

We cannot help with unblocking anything. If you are trying to use a proxy, which bypasses school restrictions, then that is against the ToS and strictly prohibited.

3 Likes

what is ToS? and prohibited?

1 Like

Terms of Service. You agree to them when making an account.

Not allowed.

3 Likes

…what? does that mean?

1 Like

What part do you not understand?

3 Likes

The Terms of Service is a set of rules everybody on Replit needs to follow. https://replit.com/site/terms

Not allowed means if you do it you will get warned or banned for doing it

3 Likes

The problem is that… You can’t. It’s a violation of your district and Replit’s rules, and you could get into serious trouble for doing that. I understand, and i have had similar thoughts in school about accessing games or unblocked sites, but believe me, grades are more important than games and if its blocked, your teachers wouldn’t give you good grades (indirect proportionconnection) bc of your bad impression on them. Focus on schoolwork, games can come later at home.

3 Likes

THANK YOU!!! i will shortly be deleting all my eagler projects soon!!

3 Likes