Does the Extensions Repl db have different db for each person who uses it?

Just asking. Also, how much storage does it have?

2 Likes

@QwertyQwerty88 I’m talking about the repldb for extensions

2 Likes

The extension uses the database of the repl it’s installed in.

If you make an extension and I install it in my repl, the extension will use my repl’s database.

7 Likes

Thx! that was actually the solution :laughing:

1 Like

We do plan to provide extension owned storage. The replDb api is actually for accessing information owned by the repl, and not the extension / installation. The ideal use case here is a replDb viewer, or for data shared between extensions by different authors

In the near future, this will require permissions to use

6 Likes

Could you create like a NodeJS (or other server side language) Repl and use that as the extension, serve a HTML page, but then you can also communicate to the extension Repl from the HTML served and use it’s db? Or would that not work because of the way it’s set up?

2 Likes

Good question. I’d like to know that too.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure anything that serves a valid URL which has an extension.json and index.html at its root will work. (I’m thinking of using Github Pages because they don’t go to sleep)

1 Like

Yeah, that’s what I figured, but I just want to be sure.

1 Like

I was going to test Github Pages but… uh… it’s down right now.

So much for “they don’t go to sleep”

1 Like

Github pages is back up and I was able to load my extension from https://grimsteel.github.io/replit-diff-viewer/

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.