Does Everyone See Incoming Webhook Data for Public Repls?

Super new to programing but I’ve setup a repl to receive webhooks. I’ve published the repl so anyone can use the thing if they need to but will everyone see the webhooks coming in or just me?

I’ve added a secret token to the end of the webhook url and stored that in Replits Secrets tab. Was that even necessary? Am I exposing the webhook’s data to the world? Any help appreciated. =)

Here’s a link to the repl if that helps: https://replit.com/@McCalebTheFirst/Linked-jobs

2 Likes

Could you explain more clearly? I don’t really understand what you are asking. What do you mean “coming in”, and if your repl is public you don’t even need to publish it, anyone can view it.

1 Like

Thanks for taking the time to reply!

Well when the webhook is triggered, the repl receives the data. I think this is called an HTTP request or something? I don’t know the terms for all of this yet.

What is the difference between public and published then?

Oh, when you said webhook I thought you meant websocket. Http request is the name

If they appear when you search, or if they have info like a cover image.

2 Likes

Thanks for explaining the difference between public and published.

So do you think the program is safe to be public or will the HTTP request data be available to anyone if it’s public?

If you mean if they can see that data that is sent to the console, then no, they can’t see that. On the other hand, if your website makes a request client-side, then they could see that if they watch the dev tools.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s just in the console. Sounds like I’m good then.

I sure appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.