Documentation inside a Repl

Describe your feature request

I would like to view documentation for packages, languages, etc inside of a repl. There is already this Docs section in the toolbar that opens Replit Docs. I think it would be cool if you could browse other docs as well through this tool. Alternatively, for packages that have a description on somewhere such as PyPi or NPM, there could be an button on the package inside of the packager that will open a Markdown preview of the page.

Additionally, there is DevDocs that may be able to be implemented via an iframe inside of Replit. This would be a really helpful feature!

Screenshot 2023-01-27 at 17.23.29

What problem(s) would this feature solve?

Having multiple tabs open and switching between them for using documentation.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request

I kept switching tabs which was annoying as I couldn’t see docs as I was programming.

4 Likes

Have you tried split screen?

1 Like

Sure, I can use split screen, but that’s just annoying and hard to get a nice layout. Having it in Replit would be much better!

2 Likes

Yeah I agree. Wait, what if you set up a webserver redirecting to the docs? then you have everything in one place lol

Well that’s not a great solution, but it might work. I imagine I could easily get DevDocs working as a Replit extension though. (And I will do that now!)

2 Likes

I was right. I did easily make it an extension, but I’d love this baked into Replit.

3 Likes