Discord.py bot not coming online

Hey guys, I made a not finished discord bot, and I don’t see how it isn’t coming online. If someone would explain why and maybe give a solution, I would be very greatful. The link is below. Thanks!

https://replit.com/@upsideumop/The-Dookis-Supreme-#main.py

Also, I know it has a lot of unused code and useless things. If any of these are part of the problem please let me know. I used the input things to keep it going continuously, but it might work without them if configured right. (I’m a noob haha)

Hey, @upsideumop welcome to the forums!

Probably due to discord rate limiting.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try a few things and mark this as the solution depending on them. :slight_smile:

edit: tried it on pycharm and can confirm it is not due to the rate limiting. thanks anyway!

2 Likes

Hi @upsideumop

Can you provide more details. For example is your code working when you try pycharm or not?

Error messages would be useful to the community here in helping you solve your issue.

1 Like

It does not work in pycharm, and the error message is at the bottom.

edit: no error messages, but when i run the bot, it does not appear online nor respond to commands on discord
will try on pycharm later

yet another edit: nvm, it does have an error message

File "/home/runner/The-Dookis-Supreme-/venv/lib/python3.8/site-packages/discord/client.py", line 577, in login
    raise TypeError(f'expected token to be a str, received {token.__class__.__name__} instead')
TypeError: expected token to be a str, received NoneType instead

then a while down it comes up with this error:

^CException ignored in: <module 'threading' from '/nix/store/2vm88xw7513h9pyjyafw32cps51b0ia1-python3-3.8.12/lib/python3.8/threading.py'>
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/nix/store/2vm88xw7513h9pyjyafw32cps51b0ia1-python3-3.8.12/lib/python3.8/threading.py", line 1388, in _shutdown
    lock.acquire()

EDIT: RESOLVEDDDDD i just needed to add the env

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.