Discord Bot isn’t Starting

Question: Why isn’t my discord.js bot starting?

Repl link/Link to where the bug appears: There’s no bug, it just won’t start and will get stuck on “Working…”

Screenshots, links, or other helpful context: Most times the bot will start and work, but sometimes the Repl will completely stop and won’t start. I don’t know if it’s an issue with Replit’s DB, but all my other repls work well.

Hey @bearchangmma!

Can you please provide a link to the repl? This way it is easier for staff and members of the community to help you!

Also see this guide on how to share your code:

Is your internet connection stable?

My internet connection is stable, are staff able to see private repls? https://replit.com/@bearchangmma/EBG-Bot

@bearchangmma Nobody is able to see private Repls (except staff, to my knowledge), is yours one? You could fork your version and change any private info you don’t want seen and you could show us that, so we can take a closer look.

All private info should be hidden with secrets, I’ve unprivated it for now. Does the same link work?

(The code is really messy as I was learning JS at the time of creating it)

1 Like

I believe Staff can see Private repls.

Hi @bearchangmma, welcome back!
Can you access the Shell even when it is at Working?

1 Like

I’m unsure as it just started overnight again, I’ll have to check next time this happens. If I can access the Shell, what should I do for future reference.

If you can, then running a kill 1 in the Shell will force a hard-restart of the Repl.

2 Likes