Disable chat feature so students cannot copy/paste code from each other

Describe your feature request
#forum-feature Allow option of disabling chat for repl.it teams
What problem(s) would this feature solve?
minimize cheating in classes
Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
Found students copying/pasting their code and sharing it with other students on tests / projects

2 Likes

Hi welcome to replit. :grinning:
Do you mean that the teacher can have a special account and disable chat a team.
If so you would properly have to pay for a subscription

2 Likes

I have a paid Repl.It Teams subscription and was told that disabling chat was not possible?? Can you please check on this and if so, can this be incorporated as an update next year?

2 Likes

Education teams are free, last time I checked, as long as you verify that your are a teacher.

1 Like

Our school had paid for it last year, I think this school year they made it free.

Ok, that makes sense.

What do you mean? Do you mean people inviting other students to their repls, so that the other can copy paste the code?
If so, there might be a way to disable inviting for teams repls.

Students use the chat feature and copy/paste code there.

Are you talking about Ghostwriter chat? Or the normal chat?

they mean normal chat

Can other students just join each other’s projects like that to share code? I would honestly create another feature request if so (or maybe a post in #support:general-problems), as that should not be allowed in projects.

I totally agree. However I was told by rep.it staff that it was not possible for them to do so.