Deployment settings for Telegram bot

Problem Description:

Hello all, I usually use Always On Replit, but I see that that has been removed from the hacker plans already. I want to know what is the recommended deployment setting for a telegram bot that posts real-time buy alerts from the blockchain? What would be equivalent to always on? Autoscale, VM or Static? users use the bot only for 2 commands not much, mostly for automated buy/sold alerts activity sent to the chat.

Screenshot(s)/Screen Recording:

Browser/OS/Device: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/16.4.1 Safari/605.1.15

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@JOHNTHE13

Hey @JOHNTHE13, please do not post duplicate topics. Next time, please search before creating a new topic, as it is more work for our moderators and clutters the feed if there are too many of the same topic.

Link to the original here (Not hyperlink for embed)

cc: @QwertyQwerty88 @UMARismyname

:wave: Hey @JOHNTHE13, welcome to the forum!

You should use a “Reserved VM” deployment, as those have 99.9% uptime.

1 Like

Hey, got it. BUT “Reserved VM” is quite expensive. Why can’t it run on autoscale? What is the technical rationale? To me it works but if not solved I’ll move it to somewhere else.

If you ran your bot on autoscale:

1. It would have to host a server
  2. It would turn off when not actively responding to a request
1 Like

Many thanks for clarification! Got it! So Autoscale is not an allways on option for bot purposes, only a VM will do. So refactoring and cloud agnostic option is required sooner than I tought :slight_smile: