Deploy to Replit Button

Describe your feature request
This feature will allow other users to get a copy of my Repository and make them able to run the code in replit.

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
Makes it easier than forking repls.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
People can’t for my repl as they are likely to get a fork that is outdated.

Hi @XaveeIsAPixel thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

I want to understand what you are requesting properly. Do you mean that when users click “deploy” they will always have the most up to date copy of the code from the original Repl?

For example if the Repl has this code:

print("Hi there")
for x in range(0,10):
  print(x)
print("Bye for now")

and a user forks this Repl. They get an exact copy of the above code.

If you then change your original Repl to have this code:

print("Hi there")
for x in range(10,0,-1):
  print(x)
print("Bye for now")

The user’s fork does not change because it was a copy of the original code, not the modified code.

What you are suggesting (I think) is that deployed Repls would automatically update to the modified code?

1 Like

Even if that’s not what @XaveeIsAPixel is asking for, that would be really nice, especially for templates.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s a good idea @LuisAFK because a template will only get forked when the user wants to use it. In that case, they will be modifying the code so it shouldn’t update with the template.

1 Like

@IanAtReplit I think that @XaveeIsAPixel meant that they want a markdown button they can put on their GitHub repos that will automatically create a repl for the user.

This is possible by using the https://replit.com/new/github/GHUSERNAME/GHREPONAME URL and putting it on a button.

Like so:
Deploy

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.