Day 093 - Project 93 : What's your top ten?

If you have any questions, comments, or issues with this project please post them here!

Hi, I’m unable to continue on this day challenge as Spotify developer page have now two more field, the Redirect URI one is (Required), can anyone help what I am supposed to put in Redirect URI?

Thanks,
Repolyo

2 Likes

You probably need to put a link from your repl’s website.

2 Likes

so I have to build the web app first? okay I’ll try. Thanks

I think we can temporarily use http://localhost:3000 for checking the response from api and getting access token without creating web app first.

1 Like

How do i correctly hook up Spotify search API to my project? Here’s my code:

You may have figured this out already, but it looks like you’re missing a leading question mark in your query parameter. In your screenshot, I think line 21 should be

search = f"?query=...."

2 Likes

Hi Everyone!

First of all, I love the Smokey Robinson reference in “Tracks of my Years” :wink: :joy: Just Great, David!

My code is working fine, but did anyone else encounter that some of the tracks are not playable in preview?

Does anyone might know why is that?

3 Likes

Hi all I have a problem creating on app on spotify for developers.
Here is a screenshot

I need to input something on Redirect URI.

Hi all

I got it working.

thanks

Hey @emer2020. It’s great to hear that you’ve fixed your problem, but please provide an explanation to how you did, so that other people who have the same problem know the solution.

2 Likes

Hi all
I use the http://localhost:3000 for the Redirect URI and my replit page for the website to make it work.
To get your Client ID and Client secret, click on setting and you should see the Client ID and click on view Client secret to view it.

Thanks

3 Likes

I built the spotify API within the community chat webpage by adding a button for /playspotify page. But I was having method not allowed error until I included “GET” method. My understanding is that “GET” is only needed when there are data written on the URL, and mine was a input form from the webpage. Need clarification please.
PS - I found this question on stackoverflow and it solved my issue, I just dont understand why i need it when I am not appending on the URL.

my replit - https://replit.com/@TKWOOO/Day-93100Days#main.py

Hi @TKWOOO, welcome to the forum!

GET methods are not only when you add URL parameters (whatever comes after the ?). GET methods are like the default method, which is why you don’t need to specify on your normal webpage routes. However, when you overwrite the methods, you’ll have to include the method with your POST.

3 Likes

when I pull up json.dumps the ‘preview’ URL is set as ‘null’. Is anyone else having this issue?

also i was not sure how to add my token to Spotify they seemed to change the website so i get this when i click on any of the links

{
  "error": {
    "status": 401,
    "message": "No token provided"
  }

}
1 Like

I believe that the fix my code @DavidAtReplit has provided is missing the data with the new response

I’ve also had null for queen songs but for other bands there was a link… not sure why…

Where do i find the OAuth Token section in the new version of spotify?

This is what is currently showing

2 Likes

this is what it is cureently showing:

1 Like

I have the same problem as you @HarshalSeth