Day 078 - Project 78 : What I've learned from 78 days of code blog site

Have you rerun the program? That doesn’t make any sense…

1 Like

yes i have rerun it a few times now, testing each recommendation and so far no changes…

Is there any possibility the problem is with any of the linked templates? Should i share the code?

On my screen you’re still using debug=True:

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s interesting… so in this case normal RUN/STOP wouldn’t work and I really needed to reload the page?

On the other hand it now throws an internal server error, would there be any other problem in my code?

It should, maybe you were disconnected? :woman_shrugging:

Yeah, Internal Server Error means it’s a problem with the server, your code. I’ll take a look in a bit.

4 Likes

really weird, I was not disconnected. In fact, I ran/stopped it multiple times… :thinking: Thanks in advance for looking at my code :pray:

1 Like

Hi @LivaLacaisse !
In the last line, could add a port so it looks like this:

app.run(host='0.0.0.0', port=8080, debug=True)

The reason I add debug=True is because the Traceback it gives can shed some light into the problem. However, if it doesn’t work, feel free to remove that argument.

1 Like

debug=True is the problem, though

2 Likes

Hm, I can use it on other of my own repls… maybe Flask needs to be updated on the repl? The remplates have it installed, but not updated so idk.
Maybe poetry update flask will do the trick?

2 Likes

@LivaLacaisse So first of all, the folder needs to be called templates not template, or you can change line 4 to:

app = Flask(__name__, template_folder='template')

Then in your render templates just use:

return render_template('home.html')
2 Likes

Thank you all for the amazing support! @QwertyQwerty88 your last recommendation has helped to do the trick and it works now!

1 Like