Custom domain linking

Can replit see when my custom domain was first verifying, if so please tell me what time it was

I think its been over 24hrs and it hasn’t been verified yet

Many thanks

Hi @TBTech thanks for your post.

I understand there may be an ongoing issue with custom domains so have moved this to the #support:bug-reports category and tagged @ShaneAtReplit who may be able to look into this further.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

2 Likes

Hwy @IanAtCSTeach

Thanks for the reply and moveing this into its correct category

Update: the domain is still in verifying state

1 Like

Hey @TBTech!

Can you please send me the link to your Repl and the domain you are trying to link so I can take a look?

Also, please take a look at our recent update regarding domain linking to ensure that you have everything set up according to our new instructions (we are in the process of updating our existing docs)

3 Likes

hey @ShaneAtReplit

Heres everything u need
link to repl https://replit.com/@BobCat-Web/website-61
domain - www.bobcatbot.xyz CNAME 5e8857ac-099e-41b4-b05b-b182c010f53f.id.repl.co

I have also attached a picture of the google domain record

1 Like

Theres also this

1 Like

Omg

I have just tested TXT records in a different repl and it has verified and linked

Record
TXT no CNAME

Edit:
after accessing the url i get this

1 Like

In the last screenshot you shared, you are accessing dev.bobcatbot.xyz, which does not have any DNS records (A, CNAME, or TXT).

However, www.bobcatbot.xyz does appear to have a TXT and an A record detected by our system, but we don’t detect a CNAME on that website. What DNS service are you using for your domain?

If possible, we recommend using CloudFlare, as it has been confirmed to work without issues with Replit.

Hey

Thanks for the tip, However I found using CloudFlare difficult

I am using Google domains for my domain provider

Hey @ShaneAtReplit

I have just tested out CloudFlare and on a TXT record and the same thing has happened

Should i try CNAME?

Since you’re connecting to the root domain (*.xyz), you should use an A record and a TXT record on CloudFlare. Make sore that the “orange cloud” or “proxied” switch is turned off for the A record or else it might cause trouble when connecting.

@ShaneAtReplit

So should i create 2 records pointing to the same domain?

1 • A record
2 • TXT record

Yes, both the A and the TXT record should be pointing to the same domain

1 Like

Thank you @ShaneAtReplit

Thanks its working https://bobcatbot.xyz

Now how would this work with sub domains?

Many thanks to everyone this issue has been resovled and all my websites are all working

Yep, this will work for sub domains, but the record pairing is CNAME + TXT for those

Note that with Google Domains, you can’t have a CNAME and TXT coexist with each other on a specific subdomain.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.