Create Repl API

I would like to create a repl using an API that takes in github URL as parameter and creates a reply with the github repository imported. Can some one suggest if this is possible?

Thank you in advance

1 Like

I know replit has an api that allows you to interact with their platform programmatically. You have to create an endpoint or route though that accepts the GitHub URL as a parameter. And from there its all just documentation and trial and error to get what you want.

https://blog.replit.com/api-docs
Heres the replit API ^

I hope this helps!

4 Likes

I am 90% sure they took those API’s down a long time ago, so they probably will not work rn.

Yes, it is probably possible. But:

1. the API is kind of a secret for mods only, tho people can still use it without getting in trouble, unless they use mutations.
  2. To create or modify anything you need to do mutations, I recommend contacting a mod to see if it is ok first, although the answer will probably be no (what you want to do might get you in trouble)
5 Likes

Oh, well what about that other 10%? Surely we can still try.

1 Like

Aah! This is sad. Sure I will try to connect. Thank you so much.
I am actually exploring some cloud sandboxing solutions for GitHub repositories. Any suggestions would be appreciated?

1 Like

CI/CD tool, and import GitHub repositories into the environment are the only two things I can think of, google is being very difficult with me right now.

1 Like

Yeah that’s not allowed according to Replit’s Terms of Service, unless you get their permission first. If you do, it’s easy, it’s just a GraphQL request.

3 Likes