Copy Team Project in Java breaks project

Hey folks -
Wondering if anyone else is having this issue. When I copy a TFE project, the new project seems to be scattered. It no longer shows up as Java for an icon, and inside the project, class files are now visible, as well as configuration files that were never setup in the original. Am I doing something wrong?
Thanks!
Dave

Hi @raidercs thanks for your message and welcome to the community.

I’ve noticed a few reports of this over the last few weeks. It seems to just happen when a project is copied, is that right?

I’ll send a message to support and find out if this has already been logged.

Hey Ian -
Thanks! Yes, this only seems to happen when I copy projects. I’ve copied into the same team and across teams with the same behavior. Right now, the obvious workaround is copy/paste into new projects, but it struck me as odd that it happens at all. Steps to replicate, at least in my environment:

• make any new project in java - create a lesson/instructions
  • run it once and save etc
  • copy the project into the same Team

The immediate new project lacks the Java icon, and when opening it, there will be a Main.class file, plus replit configurations and other configuration files. Removing them manually doesn’t fix the problem.

Thanks for looking into it!

Dave

1 Like

Hi @raidercs that’s great information, thank you for sharing.

The issue has been logged with Replit Support and they are looking into it. I wanted to reassure you that the copy is being shown as a Nix project template instead of Java but it should work as normal. You should also be able to hide the additional configuration files by editing the .replit file if needed in the short term.

If I hear more on this I’ll add the update here. I’ll cycle back in a few days to the topic.