Convert images to ascii art

So I made a Python-based repl to convert images to ascii using PIL (pillow), it was actually pretty simple and not difficult to do, but please feel free to check it out and like and follow mee :)).

img2ascii

5 Likes

Pretty cool! I take it that Beliefs is an alt of yours?

1 Like

yes beliefs is my alt.

1 Like

Nice. Love how the PIL library makes doing something like this take 42 lines instead of the hundreds early versions of this would take.

1 Like

very nice, was this inspired by climage?

no it was inspired by @GliQue.

This is great, thanks for sharing @Sky .

I wonder if someone wanted to try and extend this to automatically take the Replit user’s avatar and convert to ASCII art?

1 Like

I’ll add that feature after I finish eating dinner.

1 Like

I do have a question, though: do you plan on giving out more usernames anytime soon? I’m interested in acquiring a specific username.

Hi @Sky I take it you mean the Replit usernames rather than the Replit Ask usernames?

If so I’m not the person you are looking for.

Hey, I was wondering whether this repl would suffice?

That’s not ASCII but still VERY COOL! :star_struck:

2 Likes

cool now try and make your own not using a prebuilt package :))

2 Likes

who dishes out usernames

1 Like

yeah lol, I was just doing some basic like “I have 5-minutes” work, sorry :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

AFAIK no-one dishes out usernames, but if there were an issue with usernames / locked accounts etc I would suggest contacting support. Hope this helps!

1 Like

Did you know that converting an image to colored “ascii” art in the terminal takes 10 - 15 lines of code :dance:

Therapist: Pixel Ian isn’t real, he can’t hurt you.
Pixel Ian

1 Like

Love this kind of stuff. Always wanted to make one but never got around it! Nice

1 Like