Coding streak in 100 days of code

Suggestion:
In the 100 days of code, I would exchange the “you are on a X day coding streak” with a slightly different metric. If you miss one day, you are back to zero. That can be demotivating, or irrelevant and will be ignored.

Instead, I would use a similarly simple metric like:

• “You have coded x times in the last week.”
  • “On average, you have been coding every x.x days.” (e.g. over a week, or over the last 30 days)

Maybe followed by some conditional encouragement like

• “Keep it up!”
  • “Can you add one more day per week?”
8 Likes

Interesting idea, I like it!

@DavidAtReplit Paging Mr. Morgan

Oooh this is a REALLY nice idea!

2 Likes

I’ve even had this reset on me when I’ve been coding on days back to back.

As have I. It seems that if I switch from working on my desktop one day, to working on my laptop another, or sneaking in some time on my work computer during a break, that I get reset. But never to a 1 day streak. Yesterday (after resetting 3x now even though I’m at Day 52) it said I was at a streak of 10 days. Today, telling me a streak of 2 days :confused:

And, after completing yesterday’s task and it saying 7 day streak, today I’m back to a 2 day streak.

Any chance to either fix this, or just remove it? It’s defeating for those of us trying to learn and build a streak, only to have it pop up in our face that our streak isn’t counting. I’d rather not see it at all than see a wrong statistic