Code actions - comment block generator?

Describe your feature request

I would like to have a Code action that generates a comment block, so I don’t have to write it out explicitly.

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
It would encourage me (and my students) to include a comment block, because it would be so easy to write.

Most (all?) modern IDEs on the desktop offer this functionality, so I think replit should as well.

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request

Write a comment block.

I realize that this might be tricky, because different languages would have a different style,

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@mprogers

3 Likes

You can use /Ctrl + / to generate a comment if that helps!

2 Likes

It’s ShiftAltA for block comments—however it’d be better if the cursor automatically moves inside the comment

2 Likes

Reading these replies makes me realize I didn’t mention the important bit - I’d like to be able to autogenerate not just a /* */ – I could do that in a 1/4 second – but the JavaDoc (or equivalent, for other languages), with the @param, @return, etc.

1 Like

oh yeah that’s a great feature that I would love to see added as an extension! For example like doxygen for vscode (I know it’s c++ but it’s essentially the same as Java docs)

2 Likes