Clarifying storage on a repl vs account storage

Hi there,
I pay for the hacker plan 5GB account storage.

I’m not sure I understand what this means. In every repl, I have a virtual 1,024 MB storage and from the hacker plan, I have “unlimited Private Repls”

So does the 5GB account storage the totality of all my repl’s, which, individually are capped to 1,024 MB each?

Second bonus question - how do I see how much of the 5GB I’ve chewed through already?

Thanks

1 Like

Hey @LukeGodfrey!

Yes. The total storage of your account is 5GB, with every Repl’s storage capped at 1024MB each.

Unfortunately, you can’t see how much storage you have used. You used to be able to find out how much storage each Repl took IIRC, and then do some calculations to find out the total storage used. But I believe it’s no longer avaliable (on mobile at least, I don’t have my computer with me).

Hi there! @savardo is slightly wrong iirc. Currently, replit doesn’t implement account storage limits. Although, there are future plans in the works that will restrict accounts by account storage. At the moment, replit allowing 5 GB per account for hacker (not actually restricted) and 2 GB per repl storage? I think that’s what it says on pricing page lol

3 Likes

The pricing page is nearly always wrong, repls still get only 1gb of storage without the storage beta.

1 Like

bruh imagine lying sigh replit needs to update stuff when it’s implemented

2 Likes

So does the 5GB account storage the totality of all my repl’s, which, individually are capped to 1,024 MB each?

Yep!

Second bonus question - how do I see how much of the 5GB I’ve chewed through already?

We’re rolling this out with infinity drive soon.

1 Like

Will non-paying users actually get only 512mb of storage for their account? If so, Replit will lose most of its userbase.

That’s the plan. And time will tell, but I’m optimistic.

Do you guys planning on making price regionalization?

The currency in my country is not strong so paying in dollars full price will take a good hit.

Not in any plans I’ve seen, but I’ll pass along the feedback.

1 Like

Is it possible to increase capped storage from 1024 to 2048? I thought hacker plan allow this T T.

1 Like

I am a bit worried, i am using the PRO plan on replit but my storage has reach the limi of 1020MB , since i have paid for the paid plan i expect it to increase as i only have two application and it wont increase, the CPU have increased but i need more storage…

help pls

1 Like

I’m sorry for the confusion. The account storage is across all your Repls, meaning you can have 5 repls that have around 1 GB each.

The 1 GiB limit per Repl is correct. But this limitation is going away soon, and we will have flexible sized Repls very soon.

2 Likes

We are also releasing the beta version of infinite drive to explorers right now with increasing coverage. Go to replit.com/account to toggle explore mode.

2 Likes

Isn’t the limit not actually 5gb?

2 Likes

Please note, information in this topic is outdated.