Chat with your friends!

Internet Relay Chat (the best and potentially most widely supported chat protocol in existence)

2 Likes

Would you allow third-party clients for your chat? (If so, an API would be extremely helpful)

1 Like

Technically they have an API, it just requires Repl Auth (Could be cookie spoofed, theoretically)

1 Like

“third-party clients” would probably be better described as “third-party clients and single-user bridges”.

1 Like

If an API key could be used instead of repl auth for an API endpoint, that’d work

2 Likes

@Firepup650 I have zero understanding of what you are saying anymore.

2 Likes
  1. Dark mode, please.
  2. Was conversing with pfs about an API endpoint that could receive messages from other platforms, using a key instead of repl auth.
3 Likes

I’m gonna collab w/ @Coder869 on darkmode, it should be out by tomorrow night

1 Like

Could you just add this CSS?

:root {
    color-scheme: light dark;
}
2 Likes

Could you make it use web sockets so that it does not have to reload or make an http request each time?

2 Likes

I tried using socket.io in Flask before, it ended with my brain kinda breaking and I decided to never use it again lol.

3 Likes

Use raw web sockets + quart, it is probably easier.

2 Likes

I have no idea how to do WebSockets in Python Flask, sorry.

2 Likes

Update

Everyone has been asking for dark mode. It is finally here!

You can change your theme here.

Credits to @Coder869 for the dark mode CSS.

2 Likes

Socketio with flask isn’t very hard for me xD
Requires a little bit of javascript sadly

1 Like

The chat will be being fixed throughout the day so there will be bugs and errors.

1 Like

I wish to become an admin.

2 Likes

I can vouch for @CosmicBear. They have great experience moderating chatrooms. They have a great sense of humor but know when content crosses the line and responds appropriately to the scenario.

4 Likes

I’ll make you an admin after bugs and updates are fixed.

1 Like

More updates

Bugs have been fixed, and we have a new admin: @CosmicBear.

1 Like