Chat channel for TL2+

Continuing the discussion from Would you join a well maintained Replit community chatroom?:

Why not just make a chat channel for TL2+ then? I don’t know the requirements for TL1 or TL2, but I don’t think you have to be very helpful to get TL1, unlike TL2. So create a general chat channel for TL2+.

Now I know some people will be against this (Ethan, maybe?) as the Discord is meant for general stuff but some people (like myself) don’t use Discord. And hey, there’s no harm in creating a general chat, is there? In fact, this might actually discourage low quality posts.

Many forums like Meta and CoderGautamYT’s forum have chat channels for low trust levels.

TL;DR

Replit Ask should have a general chat channel for TL2+s because:

• TL2s are responsible (other than Dooms and functionally if he’s TL2)
  • Not everyone uses Discord
  • Chat channels would discourage low quality posts
  • Other forums have chat channels for low TLs.
6 Likes

No. We will not being doing this for a few reasons.

Meta most people don’t know about it but Coder’s forum everybody does and there is a lot of trolling and stuff.

1. Many TL2s are trustworthy but the ones that are not ruin it for the rest.
  2. This would increase the amount of moderation work we have a lot.
  3. It’s harder to moderate since we can’t put a slow mode or anything like that.
12 Likes

Yeah cuz I miss out on so much from the VIP chat lol.
PS: I know it’s not actually called that.

4 Likes

No it’s the “VIP Lounge”.

4 Likes

I will be moderator of the TL 2+ Chat channel

I feel like the majority, if not all, TL2s are (I hope) trustworthy enough and likely here to stay, most people who aren’t won’t get past TL1. Would it be worth considering a short trial just to see?

4 Likes

There is no way to do this.

3 Likes

TL2 is very easy to get. (post in three different topics, like one post, read posts, get one like, wait a week) so there may be trolls grinding for the badge.

3 Likes

Where did you get this information? The real requirements are not public.

3 Likes

It just said “earned Member” on my seventh day I visited.

2 Likes

I’m asking who said that you needed to post in 3 different topics, like one post, and get one like? It should give the badge instantly.

2 Likes

These were found in the trust level guide. I don’t completely know the trust level requirements, likely due to it being private

Trust level requirements vary on every forum. That guide is likely incorrect.

1 Like

I don’t understand why that guide is there if the requirements here are different. It makes no sense.

2 Likes

What about a chatroom for people that used to be TL3?
(Like me)

I don’t think that’s possible with discourse.

2 Likes

This prevents people from gaming the system. Especially bad actors. Tl3s and TL4s don’t even know the requirements.

Not possible without manually adding people to a group.

6 Likes

You got demoted? Oh dear…