Changing Console Font

Hi everyone!
I would like to change the console font, because I can’t read the code output very well

1 Like

Sorry, it’s inherently built into replit. It basically runs all code on linux exclusive clusters. Since linux doesn’t allow as much … “messing about with the OS” as windows, you cannot change the font.

The font should be a replit configuration(html), not Linux. Also I thought Linux was known to be more configurable.

2 Likes

Linux allows more “messing about with the OS” than Windows. Linux allows you to completely deconstruct your OS and rebuild it from the ground up if you want to. You can do whatever you want to the OS and nobody will get upset. In Windows you can only make minor changes to the OS. Can you imagine what would happen if somebody completely destroyed Windows and remade it into something else? That would be difficult and illegal whereas in Linux it’s encouraged.

2 Likes

@anon40284853 lol I had no idea XD thank you so much! I once tried for weeks to get that to work!

1 Like

@bigminiboss You @ mentioned me in a reply to dragonhunter1. You tried to get what to work? Customizing Linux, breaking Windows, or customizing Replit’s HTML?

Mhm I never got it to work, but that was like a long time ago so maybe it works now, I don’t know, back then I also was much worse at coding (that was because I wanted you both to be notified)

This is possible to do but I think it’s a setting in the xterm lib they use.

2 Likes

I found out how to change Linux terminal font online but I have to run the command as root, so that won’t work.

I don’t think it would work anyway, unless the html is connected the Linux system.

1 Like

cant we change the font client side with xtermjs

1 Like

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ about js or anything, and as I said, I was mistakened

Thank you all guys,
the console font was different till few days ago.

2 Likes