Changes to Hosting on Replit!

Yes. We sent this message directly to always on customers.

This is what we are doing for 3 months (until march) w.r.t. repl.co redirects:

• if deployment exists → redirect to deployment
  • if public and no deployment → redirect to cover page
  • if private repl and no deployment → redirect to somewhere that explains that repl.co is deprecated.
2 Likes

For repls that did not use always on will they still direct to the deployment if there is one?

After 3 months will it just direct to the page talking about how repl.co is deprecated?

3 Likes

For repls that did not use always on will they still direct to the deployment if there is one?

Yes.

After 3 months will it just direct to the page talking about how repl.co is deprecated?

I’m not sure yet. It will either 404 or we’ll render some static page that explains how repl.co is deprecated (and that replit.dev/replit.app exist now). TBD.

2 Likes

@soren
Running repl and postiong comments on replit community were deleted, Did they relate to change to hosting?
This change made people who use replit community sad and they hope to revive these features.

See this topic for more info Replit's new Social Features update

1 Like

Why remove run button and webview

I deleted some recent comments relating to abusing our flagging system. Please keep this on-topic. Thanks.

1 Like

When will replit.dev start working?

replit.dev started working, but i still have access to .repl.co LOL

Also replit.dev domains looks awful :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

All of my domains have turned into replit.dev, OTIR (oops this is real) had a great run! (Cant deploy because i dont want to add a payment method)

3 Likes

May I please ask why we decided to remove commenting? Also, I was told further back that non-web repls would not be affected.

(Sorry for bothering you on new year, soren)
2 Likes

Please view this topic for more info Replit's new Social Features update

2 Likes

How long repl.co domain will be avilable?

if u really want to make this change, why aren’t core members getting VM benefits? im a core member and im not wasting cycles to deploy a simple discord bot , also don’t think im keeping the core subscription if it doesn’t offer any VM deployments

2 Likes

My repl is public but im not being redirected to the cover page. Link is https://cube-parkour.classfied3d.repl.co/ (also this seems to be a thing with all repls)

Goodbye replit! It was a great journey for me, also i created topic with hosting alternatives: https://ask.replit.com/t/goodbye-replit-com/94324

3 Likes

We’re looking into this!

2 Likes

How can I put repls from two replit accounts into deployments on one credit card and one phone number?

You can either fork the repl to the other account (if it’s private just invite account A to the repl on account B then fork that repl to account A) or connect the payment method to both accounts. I don’t know if Replit allows using the same phone number for multiple accounts or not but I know they allow using the same payment method on multiple accounts.

2 Likes