Changes to Hosting on Replit!

why Teams for Education? why would you need to deploy that? Just say normal teams…?

and, I think eeveryone is forgetting that Console Repls still work fine

7 Likes

cc: @soren Will there be a deployments solution for teams?

5 Likes

What will happen to old repl.co domains? Will they still work or at least redirect?

2 Likes

They will not work, but they may redirect. That’s not been decided yet apparently.

2 Likes

Yeah, for a fee. Sure it’s only 20 cents, but doesn’t that seem just too good to be true?

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Why you should be able to deploy Teams for Edu projects

well, for realmz.io it would probably cost a fortune lol.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Why you should be able to deploy Teams for Edu projects

well create it and forget it is very easy to do and is quite cheap.

hmm imagine not having a credit card to spoonfeed into replit’s insert-coin slot.

5 Likes

The second I read this, I realized this is just a way to make people stop hosting apps free.

8 Likes

Does that mean uptimerobot or any other uptime monitoring service provider cannot be used anymore?

6 Likes

It can be used, but it won’t do anything, because there will be nothing to wake up.

4 Likes

If the site is accessible by a certain link only if someone with the right to edit it is in the editor, then what would be the point of the button to open a repl on a new tab?

3 Likes

The editor is an iframe so JavaScript functionality is restricted.

2 Likes

I’m saying that this button will not be useful, since the site that this button will open will work in a new tab only if someone is in the repl editor.

2 Likes

No but it is still useful because you can have the editor and a new tab open. If you don’t open in a new tab, certain JavaScript functionality will be restricted so it will definitely be useful.

2 Likes

But if I click on this button on the cover page of someone else’s repl, the site that opened on a new tab will not work?

3 Likes

Correct, the cover page will likely change. Maybe it will link to the deployment if it is deployed, and if not, then I have no idea.

2 Likes

I think I will be moving to Glitch, as I cannot afford this.

7 Likes

I’m so confused. Does it mean to keep them always-on? Because if it means you have to deploy to just have even a simple HTML Repl, then that’s crazy. Who thought of that? That’s gonna make them lose like, a lot of users, right? And just keeping the rich people here*

*Now yeah I know, 20 cents isn’t much, but I never want to connect my credit card for any reason.

7 Likes