Changes to Hosting on Replit!

wait will this mean i will lose my mc bot when the changes come even though its not deployed I really don’t want to lose my 3 to 5 months of progress i done on it

9 Likes

Ran out of likes but yeah. So basically you have to risk getting banned to deploy on Teams for Education.

9 Likes

You will be able to host static Repls for free as long as your within your egress limit.

This is what deployments fixes, deployments will bring faster speeds and completely remove issues due to sleepy Repls.

3 Likes

Ahh, I understand now, I think for now it will not be possible, but this is definitely something that Replit will have to consider. (I’ve forwarded your post to the staff so hopefully there’ll be a conclusive answer :smile:)

6 Likes

why Teams for Education? why would you need to deploy that? Just say normal teams…?

and, I think eeveryone is forgetting that Console Repls still work fine

7 Likes

cc: @soren Will there be a deployments solution for teams?

5 Likes

What will happen to old repl.co domains? Will they still work or at least redirect?

2 Likes

They will not work, but they may redirect. That’s not been decided yet apparently.

2 Likes

Yeah, for a fee. Sure it’s only 20 cents, but doesn’t that seem just too good to be true?

3 Likes

4 posts were split to a new topic: Why you should be able to deploy Teams for Edu projects

well, for realmz.io it would probably cost a fortune lol.

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Why you should be able to deploy Teams for Edu projects

well create it and forget it is very easy to do and is quite cheap.

hmm imagine not having a credit card to spoonfeed into replit’s insert-coin slot.

5 Likes

The second I read this, I realized this is just a way to make people stop hosting apps free.

8 Likes

Does that mean uptimerobot or any other uptime monitoring service provider cannot be used anymore?

6 Likes

It can be used, but it won’t do anything, because there will be nothing to wake up.

4 Likes

If the site is accessible by a certain link only if someone with the right to edit it is in the editor, then what would be the point of the button to open a repl on a new tab?

3 Likes

The editor is an iframe so JavaScript functionality is restricted.

2 Likes

I’m saying that this button will not be useful, since the site that this button will open will work in a new tab only if someone is in the repl editor.

2 Likes

No but it is still useful because you can have the editor and a new tab open. If you don’t open in a new tab, certain JavaScript functionality will be restricted so it will definitely be useful.

2 Likes