Cert error in iframe for react project

Description of the problem (please keep it simple and short):
Running a react repl the iframe runner gives a cert error.

Explain what you were trying to do:
Inspect the output of a React repl.

What areas or features are involved?
Accessing the SPA in an iframe within the Repl.it interface

Repl Cover Page Link/Screenshots/Etc: (to protect you and your code, never share your Repl join link outside of PMs)

Note that the same problem occurs when attempting to run in a new tab.

BTW getting an error trying to submit this “you are not permitted to access the requested resource”. Of course, since this is a bug on the bug reporter, I cannot file a bug on it!

Hi @jrehman , welcome to the forums!
This isn’t Replit’s fault it’s actually your firewall detecting it and blocking it. It’s safe to unblock it, as it’s the website you made and isn’t malicious.

Multiple links or images in your first post will cause issues typically.

No, it’s not a firewall issue. That error looks different - something like “cannot connect”. This is a certificate issue. Firefox is expecting a valid cert for the subdomain, and the server isn’t supplying one, so Firefox refuses to load the site. Since the subdomain is a long GUID I suspect that Repl.it used a catch-all cert, and perhaps it expired or is not being served for some reason.

There may be a way for me to configure the browser to ignore the cert problem, and I’ll investigate. But the long term solution is to serve up the correct cert for the subdomain.

Hmm. Perhaps this is an anti-spam measure, but I would suggest that it would be beneficial to add an exception if the links are all to replit resources.

Looks like the issue is resolved. Thanks repl.it team!

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.