Can't "Submit as Template for Review" - help!

Question:
I am trying to create a Replit template, but the Replit Docs talks about an option (as mentioned in the title), that is not there for me (see below)

Repl link/Link to where the bug appears:

Screenshots, links, or other helpful context:
https://docs.replit.com/tutorials/replit/how-to-make-a-replit-template#:~:text=the%20"Submit%20as%20Template%20for%20Review"%20box
No “Submit as Template for Review” box for me. I’ve tried changing browsers, using different repls, and using a blank repl, but nothing works.

code snippet
2 Likes

Hey @JakeStroup1!

Replit has stopped reviewing community templates for being published last I checked, at this point you should probably make a Feature Requests if you want it to come back. (Though that’s probably not likely)

4 Likes

So there’s just no way to make my own template or otherwise automatically load certain information? I am a bit confused why that option would be removed, it seems like an extremely useful feature

1 Like

That option should still be there, even though they have stopped promoting templates. It may be an issue with the title of the Repl or something in the description. Can you send the link to your Repl?

1 Like

https://replit.com/@JakeStroup1/CIS-61-Program-Template

2 Likes

Not sure, @JakeStroup1 could you try making a brand new Repl and copy pasting the code in?

1 Like

Yes, that’s basically what I do most of the time but I was really hoping I could make my own template which would augment the process

1 Like

No, I mean, making the new Repl and trying to publish that as a template.

1 Like

I did that before, but I will try it again now.

2 Likes

1 Like

Still no option to make a template :confused:

1 Like

Last time I checked it wasn’t there as well.

1 Like

Same for me. I was planning on making my Framework a template, I guess it still works for Forks :person_shrugging:.

1 Like

I have asked Replit staff to respond to this

2 Likes

This is incorrect, we didn’t completely remove the functionality to create template.

4 Likes

We are looking into this :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you! Very much appreciated

4 Likes

Thank you for reporting this, everyone, and sorry for the confusion.

You will still be able to publish templates for your own use and to share with the community – we’ll be reintroducing that ability in the next day or two.

We’ve decided to stop the process of reviewing and “promoting” specific templates to become official templates, since we’ve found it creates a more consistent and maintainable experience if we handle publishing official templates on our end.

I’ll let you all know here once the ability to publish templates has been added back in.

9 Likes

Thank you so much! This will be so useful!!

1 Like

We’ve put back in the option to publish templates. Community templates can be found by using the “Templates” tab in global Replit search.

6 Likes