Cannot see "Show code" icon on the instructor's exercise replit

I am taking a course on Udemy’s with instructor Andrei and he asked our class to make sure to click on the “Show code” icon to check our work against his code solution. My issue is when I load the link he gave, as it went to the instructor’s replit page, it loaded fine and I can see everything except that icon. I have tried everything on my end, including delete cookies, caches on multiple browsers, restarted browsers, nothing works. I don’t have any resstriction on images on any browser, and like I have mentioned, the page loaded fine with other texts and images at that link provided, except that one icon, very strange.

I have contacted the instructor and he instructed me to delete the cookies, which I did, among other things I also did as aforementioned, but nothing works. I cannot see that “Show code” icon when I go to that link he provided. And I am not sure there is anything else the instructor can do.

The instructor’s code is provided in this Show code icon, so it is preventing me from able to compare my work with his for better solution and best practices. I can do without it for simple problem in the first few lessons, but for complex problems, this would be an issue if I can’t see the icon. So, any help and guidance you can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you much.

Expected vs Current Behavior:
Expected behavior – the replit page should have the “Show code” icon circled in this image.

Current Behavior
No Show code icon showed when one goes to the link provided in the Steps to reproduce below. (I wanted to provided the screenshots but the error message came up said new user cannot post more than 1 embbed media).

Steps to reproduce:
Please click on this link that the instructor provided to our class:
https://replit.com/@aneagoie/Operator-Precedence#main.py

Bug appears at this link:
see the linke provided above in steps to reproduce.

Screenshot(s)/Screen Recording:
See above screenshots attached.

Browser/OS/Device: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/122.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Replit Profile: https://replit.com/@ifs11c2b

You should be able to see the code from just opening the Repl, is that not working for you?

1 Like

Thanks for responding. Yes, I can see the code for the exercise, but the Show code I believe is the solution. I only followed his instruction in the course to make sure we can see and click on that icon. I’m baffled. But when you clicked on the link I sent you that he provided in the course, did you see the Show code icon?

Also, the couse was created probably 4-5 years ago, a lot of things have changed since then, so maybe that icon was removed but the instruction in the lecture was not updated, but I am only guessing.

The Show Code button was removed because it is now shown by default. You no longer need to click it.

1 Like

oh, i see, I thought I am going mad :). thanks a lot for looking into it and let em know, really appreciate it.

No problem. Please mark the post that helped you most as the solution so that anyone else with the same question can easily find the answer.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.