Can we use this for non-edu things?

I want to know if this can be used for non-edu topics just because of the domain community.replit.com seem like this is part of the split community (like talk) if someone knows pls let me know

2 Likes

hi @dbates , right now this forum is just for teachers, but we are considering expanding it to our wider community sometime soon!

1 Like

Can you tell me what you hope to use this forum for?

3 Likes

@LenaAtReplit I plan to use it for more general programing polls. And if you a category to get the help I would spend some time helping people.

2 Likes

And you should make some more categories when it does become more general as well as tags (possibly no. Like a poll tag)

2 Likes

I keep thinking of new things. It’s probably a better idea to slowly tell people about it. Because with different TLs (trust levels) you gain more moderation powers to help the mods out. You can view what different TLs can do here. So you should give people time to be promoted so you and the other mods/admins don’t need to deal with all the moderation.

1 Like

I suggest that public project which are open source and need contributions from users a thread or a topic here will be more sensible with features of Discourse giving that creator of topic can control also a moderator can be appointed if they have team for their project.

1 Like