Can we get Replit API?

Can we get Replit API

2 Likes

It do be exist, yes.

3 Likes

Is there a documentation for Replit’s API?

3 Likes

Yes… But not for you.

3 Likes

can I get access for it?

1 Like

Become Replit staff. There is no public API (other than gql if that counts) that is avalive even to mods

5 Likes

You can get the Replit API here. No guarantees though.

2 Likes

Ok so basically:
There used to be an API, but it got deprecated and finally abandoned now the only “API” is all the backend that the server uses (replit works by sending packet requests to a server via GQL). Now, previously GQL was totally fine to use. A mod, RayhanADev (idk if he was a mod back then but still) made a package to utilize it. However, it gained recent traction due to the creation of gdaybot. By itself, this already set the mods at unease since now many people were bombarding them with requests to make similar bots which they had to turn down due to them not being trusted. However, the fact that spamming, scamming, etc had increased in replit recently led the mods to completely ban the use of any GQL that could result in the automation of accounts (these are called mutations). In addition, they keep the community clueless by making sure no documentation exists even for the “allowed” stuff (these are called queries, and I say allowed in quotes because we can’t use it if we don’t know how). While these precautions seem proactive and very good, the problem is that to limit the spammers, they’ve also kept this valuable tool from people just because they’re not “trusted.” I happen to be one of these “trusted” individuals and can say without a shadow of a doubt that it is very annoying, cumbersome, and down right unfair that they are restricting it in that way. Well just my 2 cents (or maybe dollars I wrote an entire rant :confused: ).

6 Likes

oops forgot to put that I think that perhaps we may see the revival of the replit API for the extensions because the mods being so darn stubborn about not sharing GQL only for them to hand it out to just about anyone doesn’t seem plausible to me so I think we may see some people get access to a new replit API but not GQL (or perhaps you get GQL/new API but only the parts you need like you tell them your concept and what you need and they’ll vet it)

2 Likes

what is “avalive” mean lol XD I can’t even distinguish that typo

1 Like

@bigminiboss “avalive” means “available”. Since I’m responding to you, I like the history post you made. I actually read the whole long thing.

2 Likes

thanks :smiley: I try to make high quality posts, but yeah hopefully we see more widespread API usage :frowning:

2 Likes

How do you get to be “trusted”?

Summary

You don’t really have to be trusted if no skill issues tho

2 Likes