Can we get an offical crosis.py?

Describe your feature request
I’d like a crosis.py crosis equivalent that’s officially maintained

What problem(s) would this feature solve?
I’d bet that 90% of the users on replit use python so it’d be great. Especially since as an API dev, I know how much the API changes and it would be much easier for me if I were to have an official version to ensure stability

Explain what you were trying to do when you came across the problem leading to this feature request
I’m trying to use crosis, of course I could use javascript but I want to use python so I can make some wrapper layers like crosis4furrets but for python and I would therefore need an official version. I realize that there is an unofficial version called pyrepl maintained by @TheRealSnowSJ but that package hasn’t had any new releases for about 2 years and there have undoubtedly been changes to the API and most of the existing development is limited so I can’t do much more than basic mutations with it

:sob: cc @MiloCat @JayAySeaOhBee14 @QwertyQwerty88 @PikachuB2005 @prisems :pray:

6 Likes

I kinda forgot python after switching to node, but have you tried looking through @replit/crosis and @replit/protocol to see how they work? You should probably make a bounty lol

4 Likes

;-;

1. I looked at them but idk if the google proto transfers to python (ofc there are ways but idk)
  2. poor
2 Likes

Wait but what does that do…

2 Likes

crosis is what handles all of the events inside repls. Writing/reading files/directories, changing files, running the repl, writing in console/shell, observing users, etc.

4 Likes

I could probably do this but it wouldn’t be official (and also idk if I have enough time lol)

6 Likes

lol I’m fine if you made it :pinched_fingers: but yeah time these days amirite I’ll mark as solved ig

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.