Can we breathe some life back into Replit?

Replit and Replit.Ask are so dead right now. Can we revive them? :skull:

5 Likes

Neither are dead… what is you mean?

6 Likes

well you see, they are; I had to leave for private reasons from the forums, and since then, most of it has been dead (except coding questions XD), and main site has really half-effort repls, and no new cool projects have come out recently. There are literally so many people botting like it’s insane, and popular people on replit are dropping like flies and leaving and becoming inactive (as the pandemic eases out, I think most people who got really into replit & coding are leaving)

8 Likes

Also, the quality repls get shoved under the rug so it is very unmotivating.

5 Likes

there are so many people botting that i get 1-2 followers per day just out of nowhere

7 Likes

I’m starting to see myself in the group, it’s more of a little hobby now and mostly just CSS design…

3 Likes

I feel like Replit isn’t dead, I mean the fact that there are people around who actively respond to Replit’s updates etc shows that Replit isn’t dead yet. Admittedly there have been a lot of negative responses recently to changes to Replit, but Replit is trying to take into account what everyone says (which we’ve seen with egress for example) and I’m sure things will get better sooner or later.

5 Likes

yeah seems about right I’m just saying you know during peak pandemic where there was a high quality project everyday and people who are now “popular” weren’t super egotistical and don’t respond to any comments people make and look down on people…

2 Likes

That’s an interesting view, I personally haven’t noticed that… Are you thinking of specific users or just in general? (Probably don’t call anyone out publicly here)

2 Likes

yeah um I’ll say in the vip-lounge

1 Like

We are the future popular replers :slight_smile: we need to start making good content

4 Likes

bro I make good content already I just never get noticed (also I already have almost 400 followers :proud: )

3 Likes

They are not dead, what is the point of this thread?

1 Like

:skull: he just feels that way, that’s the point ig

1 Like

Issue is that replit is killing itself. Hacker plan is truly gone, rolled out here as well. Prices going up. Soon nobody will use it

3 Likes

yeah but even it’s a steady decline, just like a lot of pandemic things, people are starting to back into “irl” and tbh most people on replit are hobbyists who joined during the pandemic which is why (I just realized this lol) replit’s been on the decline in terms of activity and monetary … I mean they have less money -_-

2 Likes

We will see but even from the point of view of a person who has see replit as dirty cheap (me), the trend is nit encouraging,

1 Like

Well here on Ask me and bmb did a little “experiment” where we kinda said bye from the forums and see how much they became a barren wasteland. We’re back now and now we see:

This place is dead without us.

2 Likes

you mean me right lol

1 Like

Ay I barely did anything in the PMs too so…

2 Likes