Can Replit be used offline?

Does Replit work offline if I disconnect for a 2 hour period without shutting off my device or changing the tab?

Hey @RYLEYLAPALME welcome to the forums!

You are able to code offline if you opened it while you have a connection but it will NOT save or run while you are offline.

1 Like

I might make a new post for this, but Replit should actually have offline support.

Within a browser this is not really possible (it is to an extent through caching, but only to an extent). Replit has as much offline support as is possible.

1 Like

You can code offline, but it won’t save your work. If you really want to code in the browser and offline, you might want to take a look at Stackblitz (sorry replit :sweat:)

Replit is soon going to support SSH, meaning you can make changes to your repl from your local machine.

3 Likes

Replit has now supported SSH, but you need to spend money.

3 Likes

SSH is not offline, you will still require an internet connection, you just won’t have to use your browser.

4 Likes

If someone’s considering using SSH, they might as well just work on their own computer at that point (Replit works just like a VM would over SSH)

4 Likes