Can neither create .env file nor find Secrets option in Tools

Try using the replit.nix and the updated .replit @bigminiboss provided earlier, and let us know how it goes!

Done. No difference. “Run isn’t configured […]”

I’d love to get at the root issue here. There must a bug somewhere, right? Since it’s meant to be easy to take an existing functional Node app and import it and run it on Repl.

I started from scratch again and ran into the same problem where trying to load the repl into the IDE show’s a progress bar for a split second and then kicks me back to the Replit homepage. Turns out I can work around that by going directly to the URL, https://replit.com/@dreev/guestbot

I now get a totally different error so this is all sadness and dismay.

Seems to work when I run it, what’s the error on your end?

I have been getting that error too sometimes, I am pretty sure it is a bug, but I never got around to making a #bug-reports

2 Likes

I brought in someone who understands things better than me and they had me do a search-and-replace from index.js to server.js in the .replit file and that got the thing running finally.

Thanks, everyone, for all the help and ideas, and apologies to future searchers finding this thread which I fear is a big quagmire that will only muddy the waters for people having similar problems.

3 Likes

If your problem is now solved, please mark whichever post in this thread that you found the most helpful in solving your problem as the solution.

1 Like