Bring back evalbot

Description of the problem (please keep it simple and short):
The classic evalbot default profile images on Replit have been replaced with a boring Replit logo. Plus, the old image had 26 variations whereas this new image has one variation. I like variety although regardless I miss the old little bot.

Explain what you were trying to do:
Happily use Replit.

What areas or features are involved?
Default profile pictures.

Before:

After:

11 Likes

Creativity being phased out

7 Likes

evalbot on top #bringbackevalbot

10 Likes

Me personally, I’m an evalbot_29 person.

6 Likes

il y a un “typo”. the evalbot 17 redirects to a 404

2 Likes

evalbot 34 my beloved

3 Likes

we need evalbot! Give it back please?

4 Likes

My problem is that the Replit logo is off center, and that just 2 weeks ago, we were under the impression the Replit would SUE if we used their icons or name in our product or account.

Not good at keeping promises, are ya?

2 Likes

Reasonable issue.

I thought that was like 2 months ago

What does that or Replit suing us have to do with evalbot being taken away?

3 Likes

Now, our PFPs are replit logo by default. we were under the impression that they would sue, but looks like they’ve made a change.

Also, the promises connect with past issues of the reliabilities of Replit’s “promises”.

I was saying that now that we have a replit logo in our pfps, it would be hard to sue anymore even though they literally said a while ago that we can’t use replit’s official trademarks (e.g. the word replit which implies endorsement) in our non-official stuff.

1 Like

I will forever remember evalbot
I know this may sound weird, but hear me out: being able to upload profile pictures, including evalbot? maybe?

We can already do this. A few of us have set our profile pictures to evalbot manually (uploading a copy) in protest.

2 Likes

Oh. How? (I had no idea you could haha)

1 Like

Go to your profile page and click on your profile picture to upload one.

2 Likes

I liked the evalbot too, I also really want him back and the fact he had all of the variations is really cool instead of a boring black and white logo of nothing

7 Likes

They changed it again. Now its a grey background with the first 2 letters in the username.

I like evalbot better! Also if they’re going to take evalbot away can they please at least use colorful backgrounds like evalbot? Discourse, Google, and probably countless other platforms do that.

6 Likes

Now it’s a red background, not grey.