Bot on Replit online 24/7

Question: hi, I need that my bots are online 24/7 without having the thought to check every day if they are online.
First, I subscribed the hacker plan on replit thinking that the “always on” mode could fit for me, but I was wrong.
So I created an account on AWS, and in that VM I installed chrome, opened Replit and ran the Repls of my bots. Just checked if the bots were working after 2 days, and they weren’t. Then checked the Repls on AWS and they weren’t running.

Is there a solution to have my Repls online 24/7 or I have to stop to use Replit? Maybe have I to change few settings on AWS?
I’m not interested to Deployments because I’m looking for a cheaper or free solution, and Deployments aren’t

Hi @RicascoLTD !
If you are on Hacker, Deployments are free.
Hope this helps!
@RicascoLTD EDIT: Only Autoscale and Static Deployments are free, Reserved VMs are not.

2 Likes

Thank you! Could I ask you what I have to do in specific with deployments to have a bot 24/7 online?

Every Deployment runs 24/7 already.
Hope this helps!

Exactly Reserved VMs is not free, and autoscale has a limited number of computer are included in the plan (3M) and doing some math I understood I need at least 57M just for one bot.
I was looking for a solution to have my repls 24/7 online but looking impossible without spending more money. Probably I have to stop the subscription and leave Replit :frowning:

At this point I don’t know what’s the meaning of the “always on” mode, like a joke

1 Like

Always On is being deprecated; it is not a joke, just a feature which is leaving.

I would recommend you use a Reserved VM Deployment for your bots.

1 Like

They start at $6.20/month. Just click “deploy” from the workspace.

1 Like

@soren thank you. At the end of the day I think I’m going to use a Reserved VM Deployment. It’s the easiest and probably cheaper solution for a no coder like me.

Now I wanna ask a suggestion: basically I need to run Telegram and Discord bot supported by OpenAI and Langchain.
I have few questions:

1. Which could be the best solution regarding the Reserved VM for this kind of bots? Is 0.25 vCPU / 1 GiB RAM enough?
  2. How can I understand if for example that solution is not enough?
  3. Have I to do something to make the bot online 24/7 after upgrade deployments or there is such a process to do?

Thank you again.

@soren when you have time, please answer to my question :slight_smile:

1 Like
  1. Which could be the best solution regarding the Reserved VM for this kind of bots? Is 0.25 vCPU / 1 GiB RAM enough?
  2. How can I understand if for example that solution is not enough?
  3. Have I to do something to make the bot online 24/7 after upgrade deployments or there is such a process to do?

I would start with the .5 vCPU 2 GiB RAM machine. It is our most popular offering.
Once you deploy, it will be alive 24/7. No need to do anything else.

3 Likes

thank you so much! naturally I have to buy a reserved VM for every bot I wanna runa 24/7, right?

1 Like

Ricasco,

That is correct. For each project you would deploy to a VM. Please let us know if you have any additional questions and we’ll be happy to help. z

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.